Saturday, February 14, 2009

練習中文

I haven't posted to this one in awhile!

I have to put away laundry and practice and shower so it's going to be short, but I just wanted to share this. Our Chinese teacher passed around a list yesterday for us to put our emails on in case we wanted to be partnered with an international student from China so that they could help us learn Chinese and we could help them learn English. I of course signed up even though speaking the language makes me nervous (got to get over that sometime, heeee ^_^;). I got an email from a Chinese student already! We are just coordinating schedules to see when we can meet but wow I am excited and nervous. It doesn't help my confidence levels that all the international students' command of English is already amazing by the time they get here whereas I am just starting second semester Chinese... but I think this will be really cool. :)

I also started reading Iron & Silk, the one recommended in a previous comment on this blog, and it's a really good book so far (I'm about halfway). Excellent suggestion. :)

oh yeah, and happy valentine's day to you two girls. enjoy. <3

No comments: