Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"In order to live free and happily, one must sacrifice boredom.

...It is not always an easy sacrifice."

I wish I was more driven. I feel like I'm really driven mentally, but when it gets down to it I'm so lazy and unmotivated. I have all these grand schemes for getting everything done and being all productive and learning so much and then I get back from class and I'm just like "Mehhhhh..."

So far today is day 2 of a string of not-very-great days.

I did grin a little when I remembered, in my long talk with SiFu on Saturday, when we were talking about my classes and he said French and Italian were such "sexy languages." And that Chinese wasn't quite as sexy (we decided that it is very musical, and can still be sexy. XD) It's pretty entertaining to hear your SiFu say things like that. (Runner up: "I need to find the number for my email machine.")

Still though, I feel like I'm not working hard at all. While that's not really true, I still feel like I could, and should, be doing so much more, but all I really want to do is just chill and talk to people and do something fun. So I split the difference and end up doing nothing. It is currently a lose/lose situation. But I'm not entirely sure how to fix it.

No comments: