Tuesday, October 14, 2008

There are three options in college.
1. Enough Sleep
2. Good Grades
3. A Social life.
You get to pick two of them.


Welcome to the first post from author number three! I'm currently learning how to balance school work, sleep, people here, and keeping in touch with everyone back home. So far I've been picking none of those three. Chemistry is killing me, I can't talk to people every second of the day, and I haven't done a whole lot here.

Nevertheless, I remain optimistic. I'm learning how much effort I need to put forth. I am forcing my friends here to study with me so I can get things done and spend time with them. I'm also trying to get better at kicking them out so I can sleep.

Being a freshman isn't easy, but I'm learning.

Here's what's exciting: I keep getting emails about internships. These aren't getting coffee for a boss who likes to look down your shirt, either. One is taking care of injured birds in Hawaii, another is big cats in Colorado. How epic would that be? I'm going to go far, world. Did you know that? If not, you will.

Advising for classes next semester is starting already. What on earth?! I've barely started these classes, it feels like.

Well, time to get back to college life. Have a lovely day.

No comments: