Saturday, October 18, 2008

The many wonders of having only male friends

So I'm sitting here on David's computer, watching him and Reid play a game called Resistance. Despite calling myself a gamer, I am awful at shooting games. I swear I'd have a Daffy Duck moment, where the gun gets plugged up and shoots you in the face, if that was possible. So, after our Call of Duty adventures, they haven't even offered to let me play this. Which is fine, and I know they'd let me try if I asked, but I'd just get in the way.

Regardless of the fact that it is simply a game, I dislike that feeling. I want to at least be equal, if not better. So hooray for discovering character flaws. I'm pretty sure that drives Reid crazy, I keep insisting on paying my half of things etc. I don't like feeling like I can't support myself. Nor do I like the feeling of owing someone something.

I need a day of being really feminine. I need to look adorable, wear some make up, and go out and do something that doesn't involve video games or testosterone. I want a day without misogynistic jokes. I'm sick of meeting guys and hanging out with them and seeing the stupid naked posters on their wall. You don't see girls with naked guys on their walls! Have a little respect and imagination, for god's sake. You don't need that crap to reassure everyone that you're a man and I'm sure the same picture isn't going to help you in...other ways time and time again. You also don't need to destroy your, and our ear drums with your absurdly loud music.

College makes me ask one question: "What are you trying to prove?"

1 comment:

simone said...

Oh god, I love hanging out with guys, ahaha. I hear you though. Girl time also has its merits. :)

Start making 'cute day' be almost every day. (Sometimes you just don't want to. Somedays are 'where's the biggest sweatshirt I can find I'm so cold' days.) And do it for you, not for them. It'll help you feel feminine and attractive and fabulous. ^_^ I've been having many self-proclaimed cute days lately and they just seem to be more fun. (Wednesdays are now officially mandatory cute days also, and not 'cos ACC is coming out.)

I'll trade you some girl time for some guy time! I'm only good at FPS games on the computer though. Keyboards > xbox/ps2/etc controllers.

God, I miss video games. <_<;;

But not as much as I miss yoooou! <3