Saturday, October 18, 2008

zhege zhoumo (so far)

This post comes chronologically before this one, so maybe you should read that first. Hang in there, I'm bored enough to be balancing two blogs right now.

Ballet last night was really fun! It was great to get dressed up all cute (read: grey sweaterdress, black leggings, red pashmina, red lipstick, ahaha) and Kim and Jennifer looked marvelous as always, and David drove us in Otto, the red stickshift BMW (someone please teach me how to drive stick now kthx) to the Fitzgerald Theatre in downtown St Paul and we just as a whole felt very classy. We laughed more than once about the majority of our fellow classmates (tongxue!) heading out for a night of getting completely trashed (tamen he pijiu!) while we were being so fabulous. ;)

The ballet was fun! They're not a super professional one so sometimes it seemed like they should have been more in unison than they were... but, having been in orchestra 6 years/playing in Carnegie Hall twice, I can hardly deny that I enjoy classical music, and they were so fluid and graceful it was fun to watch regardless. We spent much of the breaks between the four movements mocking Sarah Palin, since one of the ushers reminded us of her. Good. Times.

We hung out in Kim and Jenn's 4th floor room when we got back; Kim and I went down to the front desk to get Mulan and Jenn and David ran out to get us Ben&Jerry's, but it was closed, so they got those chocolate volcano things that are awesome from Applebee's instead. So then we just laid on Kim's bed/the blue chair and sang along to Mulan for the rest of the evening. :)

I was not woken up by the girls next door, though this morning there were a few semi-obscene things drawn on my board. Whatever, I can be immature with the best of them, so I don't really care. Good thing poor Katrina's at home this weekend though. Kim texted me this morning telling me that there's a costume contest at First Avenue (a club type thing downtown that I have not been to) and that I should go as Sarah Palin. (They loved that idea by the way.) If I find a good costume by then, I'd so do it.

Since Kim, Jenn, and David are from MN/know the Cities better than I do, I'm enlisting their help to figure out exactly what you spend your weekend doing when you're hosting a 27- and a 28-year-old... I really need to get out more. And rob a bank. Or, in this economy, perhaps several banks would be needed.

Now I feel like watching the Dark Knight. Boo.

Ate breakfast (at 145pm) alone this morning (afternoon) ... Claire's home and I'm semi-on my own. (Kim and Jenn aren't around either.) Oh! I texted Alan yesterday (he made the yoga first step so I figured I should make the texting first step. I am usually afraid to text people first [*cough* brothers] so I figured he might be also) just asking if the zombie crawl was coming up soon (I had a suspicion it was today). He and his roommate had just gotten back with materials for the crawl, ahaha. I told him to take pictures. I will of course share them. :)

My mom had a good birthday I think; it's also Baylen's birthday today. I should call that idiot. Er, I mean that good friend, of course. He still doesn't have a cell phone (...) so he gave me his dorm phone # the other day, since we haven't seen each other in ages. I wonder if we should ever...talk...or just ignore it. Huh. I guess I don't really care much right now. And I'll never run into him. But if we ever start hanging out more (doubtful) then... maybe.

Now I'm just typing because I'm bored, this turned out way longer than expected. I believe it's time to hear from whatever author # Katie is.

No comments: