Monday, October 27, 2008

Snow!

While I'm not ready for this cold, I find the concept of snow really exciting. Hot cocoa, movies under a warm blanket, cuddling and watching the snow fall, snow ball fights (except they're illegal here) and snow men. Even if I haven't carved a pumpkin yet.

Going home was strange, again. It feels like high school again. Mom tries to make sure we're eating our vegetables and writing our thank you notes (A consistent issue between us. I understand I need to but every time she reminds me, I want to less.) and telling her where we'll be when. I'm not used to it any more, now I understand why Sarah used to get so cranky when she came home. It's like letting a puppy off a leash then putting it in a cage.

I didn't get to say goodbye to my dad either, he went to work "just to help with something quickly," he'd for sure be back before we left. Nope. I love my dad's hugs, I really needed one before I left. But instead I left from an empty house because my mom needed to drop my sister off.

1 comment:

simone said...

"It's like letting a puppy off a leash then putting it in a cage." is the best analogy ever.