Saturday, December 20, 2008

Major Considerations

So today I was talking my mother and my brother about RTF (radio-tv-film). We were watching a football game and I was saying how cool I thought it would be to be the person directing it. So then we talked about my activity with the rtf program at school and the possiblity of switching my major. Not necessarily changing what I do with my life, just changing to a major that would give me a more interesting and enjoyable four years. Cause see the thing with a business major is a don't really need all the classes for what I want to do with my life. If I stick with my current major I will be forced to take things like "Econ Bis Stats" and "Fundamentals of Finance" and "Essentials of Human Resources Management". None of the those classes sound even vaguely interesting to me. But more importantly none of those classes are useful to running a small business either!

What I would then do if I switched to an RTF major is I would do all the requirements for that major and then take some bis classes to help me run my photo studio. Which really wouldn't be that hard because the rtf major has a significantly lighter course load than business. So I would have time for more elective courses. I really think it might work and would probably make me less miserable since the rtf people are much cooler than the business people.

Anyway, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet but I really just needed to get those thoughts out there.

(Five Blog Posts in a day, Can you believe it?)

1 comment:

simone said...

(I believe it!) :P

I think that sounds great. You've always been really into stuff like that too - I think you'd have a lot of fun with it. :) And if, like you said, those non-interesting business classes (which all sound rather frightening to me as well) are also non-essential, then why not? Give it a shot and see what you like. :) And it's not a decision you have to make immediately, right? Nor is it final. Won't know til you try!